Live-In Home Care in Lancaster PA
Finding the right live-in home care provider for your loved one can be a difficult task, but it doesn’t have to be if you follow certain tips. While most caregivers are kind, compassionate, honest individuals who truly do care about their elderly clients, it’s important to find the one who will work the best with your loved one.
Below are a few tips that can help you find that individual:
1. Find out exactly what your loved one requires.
Understanding the needs of your senior is one of the best ways to narrow down your search for the right live in home care provider. If you don’t know the challenges your loved one is facing, it makes the task of finding the right caregiver nearly impossible. If your loved one has privacy issues, encourage him to her to contact the agency or caregiver directly to have a conversation.
2. Determine personality issues.
Your loved ones’ personality will need to mesh well with any person who is going to move in with him or her. The senior and this caregiver are going to be spending most days, evenings, and nights with one another. Yes, the caregiver will have his or her own bedroom in which to retire, but the rest of the day they will be seeing each other on a regular basis.
3. Make sure you know the caregiver’s background.
Many home care agencies conduct thorough interviews and background checks on all of its employees. Hiring independently will place this responsibility on your shoulders, which is why it is advisable to hire through an agency instead of an independent caregiver.
When you follow these tips, you should be able to find an honest and reliable live in home care provider for your loved one.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring live-in home care services near Lancaster, PA, contact the caring staff at Extended Family Care of Lancaster. Call today at (717) 205-2174.
A long-time resident of Lancaster County, Mary Lynne enjoys spending time with her husband Terry, and their 3 horses and collies. The countless hours of caring for her client and employee-based “family” at work and at home can truly depict the selfless character of Mary Lynne Heller.
Latest posts by Mary Lynne Heller (see all)
- 5 Basic Things to Know About Aid and Attendance and How This May Affect an Aging Veteran in Need of Home Care Services - June 27, 2018
- Amazing Things Can Happen When an Aging Senior Actually Adheres to Doctor’s Advice, Exercises as Directed, and Relies on Experienced Home Care Support - March 27, 2018
- It’s Okay to Be Frustrated Caring for Someone with Alzheimer’s, but You Need to Know How to Ask for Help - December 27, 2017